Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Electrical Systems


The Banana Boat site visit gave our team the chance to explore and investigate the multiple systems in the existing structure.  As the electrical engineer I assisted in measuring and drawing the floor plan and reflected ceiling plan.  Focusing on the location and quantity of lighting and electrical systems, I began to understand the importance of an electrical engineer in a project.

I found it interesting to take the perspective of an electrical engineer.  Electrical systems are somewhat foreign to me and are not normally an aspect I would pay attention to in an existing building.  After investigating the Banana Boat I am curious as to how efficient the lighting and electrical systems currently are.  Minimal fluorescents light the back room and many corners are left dark.  Cords from freezers and machines are left visible and electrical panels are left undisguised. 



I am interested in learning more about electrical systems and how I can work with other members of my team to solve some of the issues visible in the Banana Boat.  I hope to gain knowledge that will produce a designed space that successfully integrates all indoor systems.       

- Stephanie Hill 
  Electrical Engineer

No comments:

Post a Comment